Ways to Give
We believe every kid deserves the chance to build inner strength before the world demands it, to find the joy that comes with feeling confident in their own skin before the world makes it feel impossible, and to access experiences and spaces where personal growth happens. We exist to enable kids to build the strength of character that empowers them through a lifetime of new challenges.
Our kids and teens are facing challenges unseen by previous generations. Many lack access to safe opportunities that foster a culture of acceptance and provide mentorship. They live in a world where social pressures are always on, calm and confidence are hard to access and perseverance is a required superpower every day. Young people are growing in new environments that are demanding more from them, and therefore more from us.
Kids become a better version of themselves when they have the space to be who they are, surrounded by passionate people who guide them to see what they are capable of.
We build these opportunities and experiences through…
- A progressive curriculum that focuses on social and emotional learning objectives through activities that are developmentally appropriate, designed to meet kids where they are.
- Multi-level coach training programs that focus on research-proven methods of positive youth development, providing our coaches with the tools to make kids feel safe, included and empowered.
- An annual slate of advanced national participant opportunities that facilitate growth and inspire personal transformation.
- A robust college scholarship program that provides tuition assistance, personal and professional development, and mentorship for First Tee alumni.
Young people in our programs are…
- More confident in school
- Supported by coaches, who they view as caring mentors
- Active community members
- Always welcome, regardless of financial circumstances
To make these outcomes possible, we seamlessly integrate the game of golf with a life skills curriculum where kids feel excited to grow, safe to fail, and better equipped for whatever comes their way next.
Thank you for partnering with us as we usher in First Tee’s next era. Together, we are Building Game Changers.
Our goal at First Tee — Southeast Wisconsin is to instill in young people life-enhancing values such as honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, and respect while providing affordable access to golf. We offer our programs at a subsidized rate to ensure that every child has access to the life skills taught at a First Tee program. Consider impacting a child’s life today with a financial contribution.
Donating equipment is an another excellent way of supporting First Tee — Southeast Wisconsin.
Wisconsin Educational Youth Development Foundation, Inc., which operates First Tee — Southeast Wisconsin, is a nonprofit tax-exempt organization under IRC 501(c)(3). Our tax identification number is 46-4789828.