The First Tee has published new national research highlighting the positive impact The First Tee and its programs are making for participants on and off the course. The survey asked participants to answer two questions, “Because of The First Tee, I…” and “Provide an example of an adult mentor relationship at The First Tee that has been significant to you and explain why.”
- 87% of participants say they have an improved sense of empowerment
- “Gave me a greater sense of confidence.”
- “Taught me perseverance…to never give up.”
- 85% have personal ownership of The First Tee’s Nine Core Values
- Honesty, Integrity, Sportsmanship, Respect, Confidence, Responsibility, Perseverance, Courtesy
- 81% demonstrate self-improvement/personal transformation
- “I’m making better decisions.”
- “I’ve become a better version of myself.”
This success is reflected locally as well. In a recent survey of 2018 program participant parents, 81% of respondents said that their children benefited from The First Tee character education.
These parents described this impact by saying:
- “[My child] improved golf skills, etiquette and confidence.”
- “They have learned respect, patience.”
- “It has built his confidence and social skills and created a foundation of motivation to strive for success.”
The First Tee is making a difference here in Southeast Wisconsin through the game of golf. For more information on how you can get involved, visit firstteesoutheastwisconsin.org.